Friday, December 02, 2005



So I just found out that my favorite new TV show is cancelled. (Threshold) Ack! This is why I stick to cartoons and Law and Order. I pick a new show, I like it, then those crazy execs take it away. The thing is, always think I could run a TV station better then those guys. I always think that. I wouldn't want to. I mean really, can you successfully run a business designed to make everyone happy? Ain't gonna happen.
Still I do think there are a lot of new media trends happening that a lot of big business execs are trying hard to ignore. It seems like I'm always reading mournful stories about music/TV/movie execs that are doing nothin' but whining about industry changes and piracy and what not. Personally they need to wake up and smell the rum! (pirate theme going...) Find a way to work within all the new system of downloads and DVR's. Oh and stop making me pay for hordes of parties and limos and drinks. Let's get some reasonable pricing! Thanks Steve Jobs!
Don't get me wrong, I don't favor Piracy, unless it involves Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom. In fact, I can't think of a better way to show my support for artistic creativity then to spend a few bucks. I never want to be on the crappy side of a copyright issue, being an artist myself, I know it sucks to have people steal your stuff.
Still, I read something that made me say, "huh? Cool" High praise indeed from a California girl. And what it was is that some ad execs decided to have an all commercial channel for DVR's, You know cool commercials with interactive information about the products. Kind like Web ads, but on TV. "Yo! Ho HO!" I say. I have to secretly admit I do sometimes rewind and watch the cool ads. And hey who doesn't remember all those cool Nissan ads, you know, the one where the Adventure action figure sweeps Barbie off into a sporty Nissan and the one...

No comments: